It’s on many people’s bucket list and with good reason. New Zealand is a country that has everything that you could possibly want for a vacation destination. For example, there are beaches galore, mountains to hike, friendly towns to visit, and plenty of history. Undoubtedly, the best way to travel here is in a campervan hire New Zealand.
Of course, as you travel in a campervan hire New Zealand, you’re going to want to find the best places to stay. While freedom camping is allowed in some areas, you’re going to want to be very careful. Freedom camping can also be very uncomfortable without the proper hookups, so if you want to stay sane on your trip, consider these following popular campsites on the North Island of New Zealand:
- Beachside Holiday Park-A great spot for those who want to feel like they have their own little bay all to themselves, the Beachside Holiday Park in Paihia is truly a worthy camp site for you to stay at while road tripping throughout New Zealand. Not only do you get to have the perfect swimming spot for you to cool off at, but the park also has some great amenities. From a playground to WiFi, power sites, dump station, communal kitchen, boat ramp, store, phone, laundry, and so much more, you won’t lack for anything when you stay at this camp site.
- Turangi Kiwi Holiday Park-If you’re hoping to visit the Lake Taupo area or Turangi itself, this park is ideal for you. Conveniently located, you can go to Turangi whenever needed. Plus, you’ll be near Whakapapa for skiing, if you happen to visit in the winter. From kitchens to communal areas, wireless internet, and laundry spaces, you will have what you need when you visit this park in the way of amenities. Better than that, you’ll be so close to all the beauty and nature of this amazing area.
- Waipatiki Beach Holiday Park-If you want to take some time to relax near the beach while visiting the area of Napier, you’ll appreciate the Waipatiki Beach Holiday Park. Located right smack in front of Wapatiki Beach, you can easily visit the ocean every day while you’re in the area. Whether you enjoy surfing or are visiting with your kids and want to go swimming, you’ll be able to do so as often as you would like. Plus, there are plenty of options for those who want to go cycling or go on bush walks nearby. As if that weren’t enough to catch your attention, you’ll appreciate the amenities of a children’s playground, lounge room, laundry area, and gas barbeques, just to name a few.
- Rotorua TOP 10 Holiday Park-If you’re planning on visiting Rotorua, you’re in for a real treat. It’s one of the most iconic areas in New Zealand with a very present and alive Maori culture. Not only that, but there are plenty of hot spring for you to visit. A park that you may want to stay at to ensure a pleasant stay is the Rotorua Top 10 Holiday Park. Conveniently located near the city’s centre, you can easily explore the area without having to go very far. You will also be close to the lake, so you can enjoy some time in the outdoors. From a pool complex to a gorgeous landscape, this park is both beautiful and comfortable. There is also a playground and barbeque areas and communal areas.
- Hot Water Beach TOP 10 Holiday Park-Last but not least, there is the Hot Water Beach Top 10 Holiday Park. First of all, you’ll have the hot water beach to enjoy while visiting this campsite. It’s very near a surf beach where surfers can enjoy some breaks when the conditions are right. It’s the ideal location for families, singles, and couples alike who are visiting the Coromandel Peninsula.
While freedom camping can be done, why rough it when you can enjoy parks like the ones mentioned above? Not only do they have great amenities, but they are also located in beautiful spots so that you can enjoy beaches and lakes, and more.
Because traveling can be tiring, it makes sense to pamper yourself if your budget allows and these places will help you make sure that you can both do your laundry, clean up, and enjoy charming spots. While a campervan is not as luxurious as a 5 star hotel room, it is certainly a great way to spend the night.
As you travel around in your campervan hire New Zealand, you want to make sure to get good nights of sleep. If you rest well, you can more fully enjoy your time exploring the area. These holiday parks above are just a few of the best ones to stay at in the North Island, but there are plenty more to discover.