In today’s date, you find a solution to any kind of business problem (well almost). One of the biggest problems faced by any businessman is debt settlement. There are many debt settlement companies available in the market which deal with the creditors and see that everything is handled smoothly.
What is debt?
A loan amount taken from a person called creditor can be considered as debt. Debt is given on a condition of repayment along with interest. Any business requires debt to run its day to day business operations. The businessman may approach the banks or financial institutions for a debt. Having debt is not a problem for an entrepreneur. The debt taken may be short term or long term debts.
Short-term debt and long-term debts
Short-term debts are debts which have to be paid within a period of 1 year whereas long-term debts have their time limit. The interest rate charged on long-term debts is comparatively less than short-term debts. In other words, short-term debts result in payment of more interest than long-term debts. So the creditor who gives long-term loans to the business is benefitted more as he gets interested for a longer period apart from principal amount.
However, one thing is to be considered is that the risk factor involved in short-term debts is less than long-term debts. In long-term debts, the businessman may face unexpected fluctuations in business which may result in nonpayment of either interest or the principal amount. In such a case, the businessman opts for debt settlement. There are other options like debt consolidation, bankruptcy, etc. However, when things can get settled by debt settlement, why not give it a try?
What is the need for Business debt settlement?
Debt settlement refers to the negotiations which occur between the debtor and creditor, and various discussions are made towards clearance of loan amount. The primary need for a business debt settlement is to search a method to create a relief to both debtor and creditor in unavoidable circumstances.
Whom to approach?
Typically when a businessman faces any problem with the repayment of the loan amount or debt, he contacts the creditor and tries to negotiate the terms once again. When the businessman has failed in his attempts to communicate with the creditor and convince him for waiver of the loan amount, he has an option of approaching a professional and talented business debt settler.
A business debt settler first studies the market and analyses the problem faced by the businessman. The primary cause for non-clearance of debts has to be analyzed first. Then based on the analysis, the debt settler has to make a list of activities required in solving the issue. He has to contact the creditor and try to negotiate on behalf of the businessman. There are many cases where the debt settler has succeeded in his attempts and seen that businessman gets at least some loan waived off. However, the services of the debt settler have to be paid by the businessman. Creditors Relief is one such firm that can help you in reducing 50 percent of your business debt payments as well as improves your cash flow.
Benefits of Business Debt Settlements:
Both debtor or the businessman, himself and creditor, are helped through Business debt settlements.
Creditor’s aspect: The creditor gets at least some part of his amount back in worse situations. The creditor regains the trust that the businessman has an intention to repay the loan amount. New terms and conditions can be imposed on the businessman.
Debtor’s aspect: The debtor gets a chance to waive some of his loan amounts. Though he is forced to accept new terms and conditions regarding repayment of loan amount, he benefits by getting additional time. If he is efficient, he can rebuild his business once again.
Points to be considered by Businessman:
- Be patient while negotiating with creditors: Before finalizing the settlement, creditors usually asks for the latest financial statements to check the possibilities of income, details of assets and a complete list of debts. Don’t get irritated and have patience and submit the details to the creditor as your patience will create a soft corner in mind the creditor. The creditor demands these details either to make sure that his debt will be repaid back if the credit period is increased or he checks for the best source of income through which his loan is repaid back after the increased time limit.
- Keep your promise: As a businessman, when you receive the option of an increase in time for repayment of debts, think correctly and then commit by when the debt can repay or is it possible for you to repay the full amount. After debt settlement, the creditor expects some assurance from you that you will at least keep up your words this time. Failure in keeping up commitment will result in loss of creditor’s confidence in you.
- See that the settlement is resolved completely: When a debt settlement is done, the issue has to be resolved completely without leaving any loose ends, and the new terms and conditions have to documented properly for further use in case of any clarification.
- As a businessman, see that you do not approach the same creditor for a debt settlement once again. Anyone will give a chance only once. A second approach will always fail in attempts. One more thing to be kept in mind is that, once debt settlement is done, the news spreads like fire and your company is the image is a threat.
- When a debt settler is approached, make sure that he keeps up his promise in the settlement. One fact is any debt settlement can only make an effort to settle the debt. The creditor may or may not agree for debt settlements. Many debt settling companies make false promises with an intention to make a profit from their customers. The businessman then agreed to a waiver of his debts approaches them even though he will land up in payment of substantial fees, which is an additional burden to him.
We have discussed the benefits of business debt settlement services above, and hopefully, you are entirely convinced by now.